In order to enter in the IB Diploma Programme, students need to be motivated, balanced and have a strong academic level. A strong commitment towards their studies coupled with a positive attitude in their school life (general behavior, attendance, punctuality, acting as a good role model, etc.) are essential qualities for a candidate to be considered for the DP.
A sound level of English is also necessary for the students as it is the language of instruction in all classes except in language-specific classes such as Azerbaijani or Russian.
Specific requirements for:
• Students having completed the Middle Years Programme:
A Grade 4 or above in a minimum of 5 subjects including Mathematics, Sciences, English
An average of 5 in the summative tasks for a Higher Level subject
An average of a 4 in the summative tasks for a Standard Level subject
A Grade 5 and above in the specific Language for a Language A subject (Group 1)
A Grade 6 and above in Mathematics for Mathematics Higher Level
A Grade 5 and above in Mathematics for Mathematics Standard Level
A Grade 4 and above in Mathematics for Physics in Group 4.
Satisfying all requirements to be awarded the MYP certificate such as the Personal and/or Community Project.
• Students having completed the IGCSE:
A Grade C or above in a minimum of 5 subjects including Mathematics, Sciences, English
A Grade B and above in the final examinations for a Higher Level subject
A Grade C and above in the final examinations for a Standard Level subject
A Grade B and above in the specific Language for a Language A subject (Group 1)
A Grade A and above in Mathematics (or a Grade B and above in Additional Mathematics) for Mathematics Higher Level
A Grade B and above in Mathematics for Mathematics (or a Grade C and above in Additional Mathematics) Standard Level
A Grade C and above in Mathematics (or having passed the Additional Mathematics examinations) for Physics in Group 4.
Passing the interview with the MYP Coordinator, DP coordinator and the Admission Officer.
• Students who have neither the MYP nor the IGCSE certificates:
Students take part in our entrance examinations and the follow the normal admission procedure
• Scholarships may be available for exceptional students.
• In the event of a student failing to meet a few of the general or specific requirements, the student may be admitted as per his/her performance in the final interview. In this case, the student will be on a probationary period of one semester where the status of the student will be fully dependent on the academic performance and behavior in the DP during that semester.